Monday, February 2, 2009

33/365

Since getting my teenager to mow down the overgrowth in the jungle (aka "backyard") this past weekend, I was able to prune the trees a bit today. The branches of the pepper tree had grown so much that they were dangling in front of my bench, preventing me from being able to settle down on it and watch the kids at play. Once I trimmed those pesky branches, I went on to prune the lemon, nectarine, and mock plum trees. I set up the sprinklers to water the grass, and when the girls got home from school Cecilia rushed through her homework so she could go play in the sprinklers. Niko insisted on joining her.




I also did a bunch of other housework - made beds, picked up dirty clothes, washed laundry, did a couple of sink fulls of dishes that piled up over the weekend. Busy, busy, busy Monday!

4 comments:

Niffercoo said...

So jealous of your beautiful weather!!

Anonymous said...

haha you know that Feb is one of the coldest months in Missouri? How dare you tease me! LMAO

whitsend6 said...

Can't believe it's that warm! We're freezing this morning with 14 degree weather...which is pretty cold for Al. Check out my post about giving out a letter list...it's alot of fun! :-) Have a good day.

DarcyLee said...

I can't wait for summer and to see some green grass again rather than 2 feet of snow. What fun to run through a sprinkler. Have a great rest of the week.