Tuesday, February 10, 2009

41/365

I am exhausted. It's been a long day. I took one of my Dad's dogs to the vet, did umpteen loads of laundry, washed 4 sinkfuls of dishes by hand, took all of recycling over and put it in the machines, folded and put away umpteen loads of laundry, made dinner... and fell asleep on the couch shortly after dinner. I need to put away the leftovers, put the clean sheets on my bed, and zonk out.


Recycle: It's good for the bottle, it's good for the can.



Niko and Samson

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the doggie is ok. We don't have any options to recycle around here. That's a definite benefit to CA ;)

Gloria P. said...

Someone needs to do a giveaway vacation and you need to win it. Your a good daughter....I think that is wonderful that you see your parents often....well, you might now always feel that way but it is awful nice of you to take them to the store; vets and so forth.

Anonymous said...

What kind of recycling machine is that!?

Sadie said...

You don't have those recycling machines?? They "scan" each item that you put through (cans, glass, plastic), sort them into the correct bins inside, and give you the right amount of CRV for each item. :-D

Anonymous said...

No, we put our recycling in a bin and the trash man picks it up. And I pay him $20 to do that every month... lol What is CRV?

Sadie said...

Oh wow, that would suck, LOL. Our trash company does sort and recycle (I think they now recycle 60% of our waste), but we're not required to sort it and put it in bins. I just set aside our cans and bottles and take them to a recycling center every couple of months. CRV is California Redemption Value - like cans are 2.5c each, big bottles are 5c each, etc. If you put them individually through these machines, then you get the full CRV but it takes longer... you can also have them just weigh each barrel of stuff which is faster, but it doesn't pay as well.

Anonymous said...

Man, that's awesome!!! I want to get paid to recycle! lol