I finished another project on my to-do list. I crocheted a hat for a friend based on one worn by Bella in the Twilight movie. I loosely based it on this pattern, but had to make a number of changes to it so that it would fit correctly. I used Caron Simply Soft Eco in Charcoal to make it - it's a new kind of yarn from Caron that recycles .6 plastic bottles per skein - it's 80% acrylic and 20% NatureSpun. I used two strands of the yarn held together, with an I hook. When I originally made the hat according to the directions (without checking gauge, so I don't know if the difference were due to the yarn, my tension, or the pattern itself), it came out HUGE! So I omitted some increases (so there were only 10 stitches in between the bands) and several rows to shorten it. I had such a hard time keeping it a surprise until she got it in the mail, but I'm glad that I did! I think she likes it!
As for the ER trip, the kids were running around the house, playing and goofing acround. Nathanial scared Cecilia, who accidentally pushed Niko, who fell in the kitchen and hit his face on the bench. He got a small cut right under his lip, that did the nasty gaping open that deep cuts do. Hubby and I took him to the ER since it wasn't in a place we could put a butterfly bandage on. They cleaned it up, and closed it with about 7 layers of Dermabond (aka SuperGlue). My little tough guy!