Friday, August 6, 2010

How we pack!

Summer is insanely busy, of course, not leaving much time for blogging when it's so much quicker to post a little cute comment or something on Facebook. However, I thought I should share with you a packing tip that has helped immensely...

Ziploc bags!!

I started packing each day's worth of clothes in seperate bags for the little ones when they were all small toddlers sharing one suitcase. It makes getting dressed a snap, and keeps their bags so much neater. Since you can put the dirty clothes in the empty bags at the end of the day, it also helps cut down on that "dirty laundry" smell that can become stomach-turning by the end of the week.

Packing for camp!

These are the bags that my girls and I packed for our upcoming camping trip. Each one is labeled with the name and the day they're going to wear that outfit. Each bag contains a complete outfit for the day - shirt, bermuda shorts, underwear, and socks. We finish filling their bags with a few extra pairs of socks and underwear, pajamas, a pair of jeans for cold evenings and chilly mornings, a sweatshirt, and a swimsuit.

Now, if you'll excuse me... I have to go pack Niko's bag still!

2 comments:

DarcyLee said...

This is a very good idea, especially for camping, because it also protects the clothes from getting wet.

Dani said...

I hate disposible stuff, but I am TOTALLY stealing this idea for our camping trip after the new baby is born!