Monday, May 11, 2009

Menu Plan, ramblings, etc.

I think I am on week two now of a head cold/allergies that just won't get better. It makes it feel as though I am operating in a heavy fog, makes it hard to concentrate on things or have a coherent thought. I know I have been slacking on my blog.
Friday, I had my english class but it was only about an hour and a half long because the professor had a dentist appointment to get to. I got my grade from the midterm (A-) and he's now decided that we're not going to have an actual written final, but that our research paper will now be worth 50% of the grade instead of 40%. We also have one more in-class essay to write. Hopefully I will maintain my current grade. In other news, my accounting class is continuing to go so-so. I do well on the homework and quizzes but have bombed both of the midterms. I have a C in the class, so I am hoping that I do okay on the final and the research project and manage to pass the class.
Saturday... what did we do Saturday? There was a trip to get an oil change on hubby's car (mystery shop), and we also took his car to the dealer (for some rattling noise).
Sunday, Mother's Day... I got to stay in bed until 10:30am. Hubby made me french toast with sliced strawberries, bought me sushi for lunch, and vegetarian for dinner. I like not having to cook every meal! He also bought me a bouquet of mixed flowers, and the littles all made me handmade cards. Then hubby built the first of my two raised beds for my garden, and we spent some time weeding and mowing the area where the beds are going to be. Hopefully that will all get finished by this coming weekend.

A rough menu plan for this week:

~Snapper with sauteed mushrooms and zucchini, salad. (Fish sticks, cheddar-broccoli rice, and peas for the kids)

~Carne asada with homemade salsa, steamed broccoli, salad. Add refried beans for the kids.

~Chile rellenos (stuffed with turkey sausage, jalapenos, red onions, garlic, and cheddar cheese). (note to self: buy cheese)

~Round steak with cauliflower "mashed potatoes", salad. Tater tots and green beans for the kids.

Not sure what else... I have enough of the carne asada and round steak to make two meals out of each of them actually, but I also bought corn dogs and "Tuna Helper" for the kids. I am not sure if I am going to be cooking tomorrow night or not, as hubby as taking me to an amusement park (without kids) for my Mother's Day present... I am sooooo looking forward to getting to enjoy all of the roller coasters that I haven't been able to go on (since it seemed as though every time we went to an amusement park I was pregnant in the last 11 years or so!) and to not have to push a stroller or keep track of half a dozen kids or listen to whining about how hungry/tired/thirsty they are or how much they are in need of a bathroom break. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids with all of my heart... but I do miss just having F U N!

In other news, I ended up not making a preemie hat in April. I'm already ahead in numbers because of the extra hats I made earlier, but I didn't really get much done on the crocheting front at all this past month. I need to take a look at my goal list and see what else I neeed to tackle as well.

No comments: