Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Menu Planning "Monday" - May 4th, 2009

Still working on our diet... it's week 3 now. I've lost 8 lbs.

This week's dinners:

~ Tom yum - spicy hot and sour thai soup with shrimp and button mushrooms, shrimp ramen with shrimp for the kids with green beans (does this qualify as a not me monday post? I most certainly did NOT feed my children ramen for dinner!)

~ Larb (with rice and carrots for the kids)

~ Scallop stir fry with bay scallops, asparagus, broccoli, mushrooms, green onions, pea pods, etc. Fish sticks, broccoli, and pasta for the kids.

~ Cornish game hens with mushrooms. Corn dogs and tater tots with boiled carrots for the kids.

3 comments:

Dani said...

What is larb?

Sadie said...

Larb is a thai dish, made with ground chicken and a whole bunch of seasonings... green onions, scallions, chiles, lime juice, cilantro, etc. You cook it all together and then scoop it up with cabbage or lettuce leaves to eat.

Gloria P. said...

Congrats on the 8pd! Hey in my house ramen noodles counted as a meal in my daughters eyes....she loves those noodles.

Hope all is well with you and the family!