Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Menu Planning "Monday" - 4/29/09

Once again, I am running late on posting things for the week. We're still working on the low-carb diet, and it's fun to actually SEE results... unlike when I was actually working out for an hour a day and not seeing the scale budge. We've declared "Friday" to be our weekly cheat day, but the funny thing is... neither the hubby or I really cheated all that bad last Friday. I had lunch from a local vegan/vegetarian restaurant (tomatoes stuffed with tofu, veggie ham, and shitake mushrooms with brown rice) and hubby had a salad from ChickFilA (chicken and lots of fruits and veggies). We also had food from the vegan place for our lunches on the weekend which I'm sure is a lot more healthy than our usual weekend treks to fast food for lunch.

Anyways, on to the menu for the week... or at least, the ideas I have in my head for what I may or may not make.

Monday we had carne asada - thin cut round steaks with homemade salsa, steamed broccoli, and salads. The kids had steaks, rice and veggies.

Yesterday, I made souvlaki salads. Chicken breasts in a greek marinade (balsamic vinegar, oregano, pepper, lemon juice) with homemade tatziki sauce, served over lettuce with tomatoes, red onions, and cucumbers. (Lunch was taco salads - chicken with leftover salsa on lettuce, and just a teaspoon of sour cream!) The kids had the same chicken with tatziki sauce, rice, and baby carrots.

Tonight, we're having chile rellenos and salad. Pasilla chiles, roasted then peeled and deseeded, stuffed with cheese, turkey sausage, and possibly some other stuff (maybe some jalapenos and onions), dipped in an egg meringue batter and fried in canola oil... served with warmed-up salsa casera from a tin, and leftover homemade salsa. Will have a salad on the side! The kids will have turkey burgers with mac n cheese and veggie.

Thursday... I'm thinking dover soil, cooked with butter and lemon. Steamed broccoli with lemon & Parmesan cheese, and a salad.

Friday.... sushi night!

2 comments:

Sarah-Michelle said...

ok too healthy for me. I need more butter.. ;)

Dani said...

I need your taziki recipe!