Wednesday, January 21, 2009

21/365


This is the sight that greets me pretty much every morning. Henry and Nigel, all curled up together in a nest of our quilt and blankets at the foot of our bed. They're such sweet kitties.


I just finished tying the last knot on Niko's cowboy quilt. I am so happy to finally have that project done, complete, finished! The stitching is a little wonky in places, but four year old boys don't care much about that. I'll take pix of him with it tomorrow, if the sun comes out and gives us some good light.

While we were out shopping because I needed embroidery floss at Joann's (I could only find two skeins of it here and neither color would have worked), we decided to go to the thrift store. I finally found one of those covered cheese dishes that I have been looking for since October! Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick had a post way back then about how she had painted the bottom of one of them black, and was using it as a little mini cloche. I fell in love with the idea, but it took until today to finally find one! I will hopefully get it painted tomorrow, and then I can start thinking of fun goodies to display inside of it! Best part of all, it only cost $1.95!

No comments: