Sunday, February 1, 2009

32/365

Today I was saddle sore. That would be the downside of yesterday's cycling with the hubby. I think I need to invest in a better bike seat. And some cycling shorts - they're padded.

I took Ceci and my Dad grocery shopping out at WinCo, but stopped at Kohl's on the way there. Back before Christmas, I had seen these large wall letters and fell in love with them... but I didn't want to spend $12 on one. I checked their website yesterday and found out that they had been marked down, but the website didn't have the letter for our last name in stock. I crossed my fingers, walked through the store, and there sitting front and center on the shelf was our K. I can't wait to hang this with family photos on the wall above the TV.



The letter was marked down to $7.79, so I was quite happy with that! If you like the letter, you can check on their website here to see if they have yours in stock online! I bought the star the other day at Joann's, marked down 70% to $5.49. (Ignore the messy paint job, I'm not quite done with repainting the mantle and that wall needs one more coat of green paint afterwards!)

I'll post our menu and recipes for the week tomorrow.

2 comments:

~ej said...

i saw those giant letters at kohl's at cmas too...very cool that you found the right letter for your family!! :)

Melissa said...

That is nice! I will have to check that out thanks for the post on that. I hope you are less sore today:) I love visiting thrift stores!