Wednesday, February 18, 2009

49/365

Dishes. Laundry. Cable company. Walmart. Fresh & Easy. Food 4 Less. Lots of errands and tasks completed today. I was surprised when the girls came home from school (the short week threw me off and I forgot it was minimum day) and announced, "You've got company!" They had brought home one of Sabrina's classmates (and her mom)... and my sink was full of dishes, and my couch was covered in laundry... Great first impression, I am sure. The kids all played for awhile, and next thing I knew I had two of the neighbor girls running around the house too. Oh well, what's that one poem? About how when the kids grow up, we won't remember the mud tracking through the house, but we'll remember the giggles over mud pies? Mud pies, ladybug funerals, giggling over popcorn and ghost stories... we're making memories, not magazine photo shoots here!

More progress on the blanket... watching American Idol keeps me somewhat entertained. I decided to start emphasizing the pink since I am fast running out of the other colors, and I can buy more pink, but when the other two are done, they're just done. It's starting to get pretty warm and heavy working on it... which is probably why I never finished making the full-size and growing granny square that I had started for our bed a decade ago.


It did NOT rain today. The mountains look gorgeous all covered in snow though! Here is a picture that the paper ran today:

Snow... it's fun to look at, but I'm glad I don't have to live in it.

1 comment:

Dani said...

OMG, that picture of the mountain is AMAZING!