Wednesday, February 18, 2009

the Wool-Eater blanket

Here's a link to the Wool-Eater blanket. It is written in Australian/UK terms, but it's really simple to change it to US terms. Just cross out the "double" in front of every "doule treble" as that just means a treble stitch in US terms. I used Microsoft Word to make the substitution for me so that I wouldn't get confused while reading the pattern. The third and fourth rows are repeated throughout the whole blanket. If you have any questions, please email me and I will help you through it!


Here's a picture of the original blanket:
Photo courtesy of Sarah London's blog.



I really love how graphic and vibrant it looks, and can't wait to make it again in a better colorway... I just wanted to give it a try and had this old yarn to use up!

1 comment:

Dani said...

Are you finished with yours?! I think it's gorgeous! I need to get some yarn to try it. I'm thinking maybe I'll make a smaller version for my cousin (who is due on Feb. 25.