Friday, February 13, 2009

44/365

I did do a lot of errand running today, but I'm not going to focus on that right now. I am not going to tell you that I went to DD's Discounts, Joann's, WalMart, Walgreens, and the dry cleaners. I am going to tell you that I found some adorable fabric in the clearance section at Joann's, and made this sweet little skirt for Cecilia. Perfect for Valentine's Day!






That is $1.75 worth of fabric, a bit of thread, and about 50c worth of no-fold elastic!

Oh, and here's one of the sandwiches that I made for the girls this morning. I "painted" one slice of bread with food coloring and milk, and toasted it. Then I used a small heart-shaped canape plunger to press out hearts, flipped the sandwich over, and inserted the heart into the plain toasted side. I also included a sweet little printed vintage valentine in each of their lunches (and one in hubby's lunch too!).



Sorry about the dark inside pictures... it's raining like crazy!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, you got way more creative than I did...I bought pre-cut sugar cookie dough. But, I did use a coupon...haha

Laura Hopper, Midwife said...

The skirt is adorable!
I am such a bad mom - nothing creative here for lunch today. Maybe I can make up for it tomorrow?

Sadie said...

I'm making homemade soft pretzels tomorrow, in heart shapes! :)

Debra said...

Too cute and orginal too!