Tuesday, February 17, 2009

48/365

After a three day weekend, I am so very ready for everyone to go back to school and work. I just can't seem to get things done when everyone is at home, since when I am cleaning I tend to hyper focus and get very irritated at distractions. I lose myself in my own little world, have a million thoughts going in a million directions, and if I get interrupted... it makes for a very long day. I spent most of today doing dishes and laundry that piled up over the weekend.

This morning at 10:15am we had to take on my dad's dogs, Sierra, in to the vet again. We took her in last week for a lump on her belly, and the vet prescribed a course of antibiotics to see if that would take it down. It didn't, so she had surgery today. They removed a mammary tumor bigger than a softball, about 5 inches long. My dad of course is an emotional mess over this. In the last four years he lost both of his older two dobermans (Sam was 12 and had heart problems, Sassy was 15 and had massive amounts of tumors). He is terrified of losing Sierra now too.

After we took Sierra in to the vet this morning, Dad took me out to lunch as a thank-you for all of my chauffering. He's been dying to go to this one asian buffet place that he first visited a couple of years ago. I discovered that I can no longer out-eat anyone at a buffet. When my hubby and I first got together, I was a threat to buffets anywhere... I'd easily down six plates and be on the look out for more. Today, I couldn't even finish a second plate! I did enjoy myself though... I had California rolls, tuna rolls, salmon rolls, tamago sushi, a crab handroll, cucumber salad, teriyaki chicken, stir-fried octopus, gyoza, seafood delight on rice, baked mussels, some sort of meatball, and crabcakes. I think that's it. There was a lot more great looking food, but I was uncomfortably full.


I spent the rest of the afternoon working off all of that food, until it was time to go pick Sierra up. Once we got her settled in, then I came home and made dinner. We watched House, and Niko fell asleep on me... Awwwww! He loves that darn cowboy blanket - he drags it all over the house with him.

Oh, I almost forgot... I did complete a project today, but I can't post pictures of it yet! I will say that I completed one of my PayItForward giveaway projects!

Now I'm debating whether or not I really want to go out and brave the rain and cold weather to go to Walmart. I'm thinking not. I think I'll give the girls juice money again and just go tomorrow!

No comments: