Friday, March 6, 2009


I can't believe how fast this year is flying by! I don't really have much to share about today. I started my day off stressed off and rushing because I could not find my keys anywhere (still haven't found them), and the hubby had to double back to our house to give me his sets of keys to my van so that I could make it to school. Thankfully I was only five minutes late, and didn't really miss anything. We discussed two short stories, "Araby" by James Joyce and "Story of an Hour" by Kate Chopin. Can I just say that listening to the class discussion on these stories made me feel really, really old? Granted, I am more than 10 years older than most of the kids in these classes, but geez!
I got home from school, grabbed some lunch, did some dishes, and then had to take Sierra to the vet again. She is starting to heal from her surgery finally, so maybe just another week or two of these constant trips and she'll be done for a while. I have to admit that I did get a little snippy today with my Dad. We had been sitting in the waiting room for over an hour since the vet was running late with an unplanned surgery, and I just got tired of hearing the same stuff (90% of his conversation is about his dogs, the other 10% covers UFOs, crime, science fiction television shows, and complaints about Mom) over and over. I try so hard to be patient, but sometimes I just get to the end of my rope. I apologized to him, and said a little prayer that God would give me a little more patience.
By the way, I made that Beef Barley Soup last night and it was delicious. Hubby practically moaned when he tasted it. The only changes I made were that I only put in 8oz of sliced mushrooms, and added pepper to mine since there were no seasonings added to it at all!
The girls came home with yet another friend from school today. I felt bad that I had to tell the girl and her mother that we couldn't have a playdate today, but I couldn't even open the front door of my house without being embarrassed. The kids have all thrown so much stuff on the floor this week that from the front door all the way into the living room was just a trail of shoes, clothes, toys, papers, hangers, and who knows what else! I have told them time and time again that they may not have friends over if the house is a mess. I made them spend the rest of the afternoon cleaning up the kitchen and living room, with the promise that if they did they could pull out their slumber bags and have a siblings only sleepover in the living room tonight.
(She has a deep conditioner in her hair, so ignore the plastic cap, LOL!!)


Sarah-Michelle said...

She looks all pre-teen laying there on the floor like that :X How did she grow up so fast and how can I keep my girl from doing the same? Let me know when you find the answer, time is running out! I really may try the beef and barley on Ky, lentils are a lost cause.

Baroness of Blah said...

I can't wait until my girls can do a sibling slumber party. The wee one is too dangerous left uncaged, at this point. ;)