Monday, March 9, 2009

Pay it Forward Project #2

This was the second of my three Pay It Forward projects that I completed. I decided to make a framed silhouette set for my friend Chandra, featuring the profiles of her four awesome kids. Because I wanted it to be a complete surprise, I had to go hunting through her blog for photos that showed each of the kids' profiles clearly.

Using Microsoft Word, I cropped and resized each of the pictures so that they were proportionate to each other and printed them out. I cut out the profiles from the printed pictures and laid them right side down on the wrong side of black cardstock, and traced around them with a pen. I used scissors to cut them out.

Because the frame was 18" long, I couldn't use scrapbooking paper for the background, so I picked out this pretty fat-quarter of fabric in one of her favorite colors. I taped the fabric in place around the cardboard, and then mounted the silhouettes with scrapbooking adhesive tabs.

IMG_3986
IMG_3987
IMG_3984

6 comments:

Sarah-Michelle said...

I love it :) I still haven't started mine yet

A Frugal Friend said...

Adorable!

Lazy Sock Puppet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Baroness of Blah said...

You're amazing!

Kelly said...

Absolutely adorable! Like, capital A adorable!!!! I love silhouettes. I *love* this project, mama!

chandra said...

And again!! THANK YOU!!!!! I love it so much!